Saturday, December 12, 2009

When Two Colors Meet Mid-Wall

This is the 2nd day of painting, cutting in brown, which client wanted on bottom of wall. It was up to me to determine height of brown, and how to create a "border" where the two colors meet. I started without knowing exactly how this room would turn out.

Client was trusting, gave me free reign (my favorite way to work!) and just wanted it too look good with the new quilts the sisters are getting for Christmas.
Before room: pinks, IKEA castle quilts, wall flower stickers...
After with turquoise (Sherwin Williams SPA and Regency Brown) and yes, that ceiling is painted the same color as upper wall. It expands the feel of the room, even with the dark bottom half. Painted ceilings erases corners, softens edges.

The meeting spot for the colors also had to work with the height of the bunk beds and the client did request that the brown show through the new shelving unit.
New mirror painted and incorporated into wall between windows (notice it had to be higher than the outlet, and somehow make sense with the height of the border=tricky, but this worked.)

.
Color changes everything in a room!

"I can't believe our room turned into THIS!" first comment from Amber.

5 comments:

Deb said...

I like it. Good solutions.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

You did a GREAT job! I love how it turned out.

becky said...

VERY COOL!!

BobandLu said...

I have been stewing over a transition issue with the new paint Olivia's room is going to get. I love seeing this polka dot solution. Very cool.

Likely said...

SO cute.